After attending The Ohio State University, Jim Sheedy joined his father in 1949. Jim expanded the company to three work crews dedicated to site work and asphalt paving. Sheedy Paving, Inc. was one of the first to have radio dispatched trucks and crews in Central Ohio, allowing them to respond to customer's needs in a timely fashion. Additionally, Jim started paving athletic surfaces, including running tracks, basketball courts and tennis courts. Notable projects included: The Ohio State University Stadium and French Field House tracks, Capital University, Otterbein University, Ohio Wesleyan University, in addition to many of the local high schools.